electromaniacs.com

Vestel power ? problem ?

Guest citroen23

When I start it up it is only making a "klikking" noise as off/on>>off/on>>off/on and so on. The sound comes frome the power suply. Can't find a diagram for this type were the voltage points are given. :o Mabey some of you got this problem before ???? Oh and standby led doesn't turn on.

(I know it's poor english from a dutchman......... :lol: )

I've got a vestel model 2627 with powerboard 17PW15-6 and mainboard 17MB08P.

Edited by citroen23
Guest servisant

When I start it up it is only making a "klikking" noise as off/on>>off/on>>off/on and so on. The sound comes frome the power suply. Can't find a diagram for this type were the voltage points are given. :o Mabey some of you got this problem before ???? Oh and standby led doesn't turn on.

You have something shorted. Check all diodes, transistors ... in the PSU

Guest Feliks1953

You prob have two 15nf caps faulty by the FETS in the top right hand corner. Very common fault. Usually blue in colour. C877 C878 from the top of my head

Guest citroen23

You prob have two 15nf caps faulty by the FETS in the top right hand corner. Very common fault. Usually blue in colour. C877 C878 from the top of my head

Alright, I'll chance them and the fet's also :good: If the PSU works again, I'll let you know........

besides the 2 15nf caps the capacitors on the secondary of the power supply can give trouble, mainly the 1000uf ones, the faulty ones can have domed tops

I replaced some parts with this repair-kit: http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/pdf_data/MODKIT72.pdf

but this is not enough because now the television goes in standby after (let's say) 2 minutes....... :cray:

So the next question: what else can it be......... :unknw:

8Pt;line-height:100%">check for dry joints on board, I have had dry joint to SM Q818 on power board which gave int going to stand by

this is under the main smoothing cap [other side of board] toward edge of board.

8Pt;line-height:100%">check for dry joints on board, I have had dry joint to SM Q818 on power board which gave int going to stand by

this is under the main smoothing cap [other side of board] toward edge of board.

you need to replace parts in the power supply , just visit https://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/ and enter the code KT16, this is a kit of the parts you need for power supply faliure.

Guest citroen23

you need to replace parts in the power supply , just visit https://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/ and enter the code KT16, this is a kit of the parts you need for power supply faliure.

Most of the parts I'll already replaced with the kitt for the 17PW15-8. the television goes only in standby and the fuse doesn't blow. I'm now waiting for the parts Q813 an Q814 and Q837 witch I cant get in the netherlands.......that will take a while to deliver. I'm sure that the Q837 is broken because the power board doesn't go off>on>off>on any more because I disconnect the drain of this one. The only thing I mis now is no power on trafo TR805 on the primary side...... When that will do the trick (replacing Q813 and Q814) I'll lett you know. :good:

Edited by citroen23
Guest ESDAVE

Most of the parts I'll already replaced with the kitt for the 17PW15-8. the television goes only in standby and the fuse doesn't blow. I'm now waiting for the parts Q813 an Q814 and Q837 witch I cant get in the netherlands.......that will take a while to deliver. I'm sure that the Q837 is broken because the power board doesn't go off>on>off>on any more because I disconnect the drain of this one. The only thing I mis now is no power on trafo TR805 on the primary side...... When that will do the trick (replacing Q813 and Q814) I'll lett you know. :good:

you can check p/s out of set , when working correct all o/p on .does not need dummy load or logic from micro to work, very easy to work out of set , the 2 caps top left of picture can be 12n or 15n thease cap go low capacity check them on a capacitor tester NOT ESR one, if p/s is ok on bench to load test it put a 12v 21w carbulb wired across +12v p/s this will load it to 1.75A .If ok , you have another fault not on p/s if you require to know resistance of each of each pin of tv i can tell you,or you would like more help please post. regards dave uk eng.

Guest citroen23

Changing the q813 and q814 didn't make any diverence; still no screen and after 5 minutes it goes in standby.

Maybe it's getting time to get an other powerboard. Strange is that I'm messering 400V DC on the points below but

not 400V DC on pin 3 and 5 of trafo 805 :help:

17pw15-61.jpg

Edited by citroen23
Guest dsbudd

Check C806 (1000uF/16V) in PSU for low value.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Old Timer

Changing the q813 and q814 didn't make any diverence; still no screen and after 5 minutes it goes in standby.

Maybe it's getting time to get an other powerboard. Strange is that I'm messering 400V DC on the points below but

not 400V DC on pin 3 and 5 of trafo 805 :help:

17pw15-61.jpg

You will not get 400v at the points indicated unless Q813 and Q814 are switching on. It has to be established whether they are off due to excessive load on the output side (test power supply off the set as already mentioned) and if still no joy, where on the drive side you are missing the required voltage. Much to test but much to gain.

Regards and good luck (or look lol)

Paul.