electromaniacs.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest darwinxie

OrCAD Capture PSPICE help

Guest darwinxie

Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I really need your help for my problem about OrCAD Capture.

I have installed OrCAD Cadence 16.3 with OrCAD Capture inside it. I drew a schematic circuit on Capture using some basic tutorials from internet. When I reached a step to simulate it (either using bias analysis, DC sweep, tramsient, etc) the tutorials said that I need to make a new simulation profile using PSpice menu. HOwever, there are something confusing to me:

the "new simulation profile" on the toolbar is highlighted in grey, so I can't click on it.

I figure out that I can do this on PSpice Schematic, but seeing the fact that Cadence no longer provides new version of PSpice Schematic in this 16.3 version, I still want to do it using Capture and PSpice A/D (as the tutorials suggested).

Please help me how to figure this out? How to make new simulation profile as in PSpice Schematic?

Thanks a lot for your help...

help.gif

Edited by darwinxie

Guest bhuwan

Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I really need your help for my problem about OrCAD Capture.

I have installed OrCAD Cadence 16.3 with OrCAD Capture inside it. I drew a schematic circuit on Capture using some basic tutorials from internet. When I reached a step to simulate it (either using bias analysis, DC sweep, tramsient, etc) the tutorials said that I need to make a new simulation profile using PSpice menu. HOwever, there are something confusing to me:

the "new simulation profile" on the toolbar is highlighted in grey, so I can't click on it.

I figure out that I can do this on PSpice Schematic, but seeing the fact that Cadence no longer provides new version of PSpice Schematic in this 16.3 version, I still want to do it using Capture and PSpice A/D (as the tutorials suggested).

Please help me how to figure this out? How to make new simulation profile as in PSpice Schematic?

Thanks a lot for your help...

help.gif

If you are using windows 7 or Vista, be sure to install orcad 16.3 with administrator rights. Also click Run as administrator when running Orcad Capture.

It will solve the problem under these operating systems.