About This File
Model AVM595 WH
Version 8538 595 53291
Model AVM595 BL
Version 8538 595 53491
Before leaving the factory each oven is carefully checked. It must however, be installed and used
Despite all the steps taken to make the oven safe, the safety is dependent on the correct installation and
the fact the user understands how to use and maintain the oven.
The information in this section should be used as a reminder that the oven is safe and that anyone who
uses it must first read the instructions for use in order to be able to use the oven correctly and obtain best
To avoid injury to yourself and damage to the appliance always work to the following rules when servicing
Always disconnect the plug from the mains before starting work.
If there is no plug, switch off the electrical supply at the control box.
When you have finished servicing an oven and before you reconnect it to the mains make sure
• all the internal connections are correct
• the wires are insulated and not touching the door or the cabinet or anything sharp
• all the earth connections are electrically and mechanical sound
• do not modify or anyway interfere with the safety devices built-in to the oven
• make sure that each replacement part you use conforms to the manufacturer’s
Do not start a repair if you have any doubt as to your ability to complete it.
CAUTION - MICROWAVE RADIATION
PERSONNEL SHOULD NOT BE EXPOSED TO THE MICROWAVE ENERGY WHICH MAY RADIATE
FROM THE MAGNETRON, WAVEGUIDE OR ANTENNA IF THEY ARE IMPROPERLY USED OR
CONNECTED. ALL INPUT AND OUTPUT MICROWAVE CONNECTIONS, WAVEGUIDES, FLANGES
AND GASKETS MUST BE SECURE. NEVER OPERATE THE DEVICE WITHOUT A MICROWAVE
ENERGY ABSORBING LOAD ATTACHED. NEVER LOOK INTO AN OPEN WAVEGUIDE OR
ANTENNA WHILE THE DEVICE IS ENERGISED. NEVER OPERATE AN OVEN WITH THE CABINET
OFF WITHOUT MEASURING THE MICROWAVE LEAKAGE AROUND MAGNETRON AND VISIBLE
MICROWAVE CONNECTIONS (WELDING JOINTS.)
Do not operate the oven if the following conditions exist:
- the door does not close firmly against the door support because of the door being
warped or the hinges damaged.
- the door trims or seals are damaged
- if there are any visible damage to the oven
- if the door does not close properly
Avoid operating the oven if known components in the interlock system, oven door or microwave
generating assembly are known defective. They must be replaced.
WARNING - HIGH VOLTAGE
IT IS POSSIBLE TO COME IN CONTACT WITH LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGE WHEN WORKING WITH HV
TRANSFORMER, HV CAPACITOR AND MAGNETRON. THEREFORE NEVER TRY TO MEASURE
THE HIGH VOLTAGE. ALWAYS TAKE UTMOST CARE WHEN PERFORMING ELECTRICAL
MEASUREMENTS INSIDE THE OVEN.