About This File
Model AVM 585 Version 8538 585 53211
Before leaving the factory each oven is carefully checked.
It must, however, be installed and used correctly.
Despite all the steps taken to make the oven safe, the safety is dependent on the correct installation and the fact
the user understands how to use and maintain the oven.
The information in this section should be used as a reminder that the oven is safe and that anyone who uses it must
first read the instructions for use in order to be able to use the oven correctly and obtain best results.
To avoid injury to yourself and damage to the appliance always work to the following rules when servicing an oven.
Always disconnect the plug from the mains before starting work.
If there is no plug switch off the electric supply at the control box.
When you have finished servicing an oven before you reconnect it to the mains, make sure that:
- all the internal connections are correct
- the wires are insulated and not touching the door or the cabinet or anything sharp
- all the earth connections are electrically and mechanically sound
- do not modify or anyway interfere with the safety devices built-in to the oven
- make sure that each replacement part you use conforms to the manufacturer´s specifications
Do not start a repair if you have any doubt as to your ability to complete it.
CAUTION - MICROWAVE RADIATION
PERSONNEL SHOULD NOT BE EXPOSED TO THE MICROWAVE ENERGY WHICH MAY RADIATE FROM THE MAGNETRON,
WAVEGUIDE OR ANTENNA IF THEY ARE IMPROPERLY USED OR CONNECTED. ALL INPUT
AND OUTPUT MICROWAVE CONNECTIONS, WAVEGUIDES, FLANGES AND GASKETS MUST BE SECURE.
NEVER OPERATE THE DEVICE WITHOUT A MICROWAVE ENERGY ABSORBING LOAD ATTACHED.
NEVER LOOK INTO AN OPEN WAVEGUIDE OR ANTENNA WHILE THE DEVICE IS ENERGIZED.
NEVER OPERATE AN OVEN WITH CABINET OFF WITHOUT MEASURING THE MICROWAVE LEAKAGE
AROUND MAGNETRON AND VISIBLE MICROWAVE CONNECTIONS (WELDING JOINTS).
Do not operate the oven if the following conditions exist:
- the door does not close firmly against the door support because of the door being warped or the hinges damaged.
- The door trims or seals are damaged.
- If there is any visible damage to the oven.
- if the door does not close properly.
Avoid operating the oven if known components in the interlock system, oven door or microwave
generating assembly are known defective. They must be replaced.
WARNING - HIGH VOLTAGE
IT IS POSSIBLE TO COME IN CONTACT WITH LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGE WHEN WORKING WITH
HV TRANSFORMER, HV CAPACITOR AND MAGNETRON. THEREFORE NEVER TRY TO MEASURE
THE HIGH VOLTAGE. ALWAYS TAKE UTMOST CARE WHEN PERFORMING ELECTRIC
MEASUREMENTS INSIDE THE OVEN.